Calibrate unit before each use
- Open the 7.0 pH calibration solution, which comes with the kit.
- Put the sensor into the calibration solution bottle.
- Press the calibration button.
- When sensor stops flashing, the sensor is calibrated to 7.0 pH
- Pull sensor out, rinse in distilled/deionized water, and wipe off
- Repeat with a 10.01 pH solution, so you have a 2 point calibration.
pH testing of concrete
- Start with a clean area of concrete, and put a one-inch spot of deionized water on the concrete. Let sit 60 seconds.
- Place probe of the meter on water spot.
- Check that the digital pH reading of the concrete is not more than the manufacturer’s guidelines for the adhesive of the specific finished floor product.
- Clean probe with distilled/deionized water and put back into the protective cap and the hardshell case.