- Humid regions can influence the relative humidity (RH) in concrete
- Rooms with high humidity make it difficult for moisture to escape concrete
Date That the Slab Was Poured
- Fresh slabs take time to dry out (ideal drying conditions: 1 month for every inch of slab thickness)
- Older pours might not have a vapor barrier – moisture might be coming up from the ground
Room Does Not Have HVAC Running
- HVAC systems pull moisture out of a room
- Mitigation services specialize in pulling large amounts of moisture out of rooms
- HVAC systems are important in establishing and maintaining consistent ambient temperature and RH%
- Moisture more easily leaves concrete when the air is warmer than the slab
Room Is Colder than Concrete Slab
- Moisture will stay in the concrete if the slab is warmer than the air
You may want to look into moisture mitigation. However, it can be time-consuming and costly.
Please visit 8 Reasons to Turn on Your HVAC for more information or call (844) 829-3335 to talk to a professional.